1.25.2010

Guide to Santa Cruz

If you're ever in the area, here are the eateries to hit up:

515 Kitchen and Cocktails

515 Cedar Street
http://515kitchenandcocktails.com/

Here's a peak at the Dinner Menu and Wine Menu. The Beer, Wine and Drink Menu is very extensive. My personal favorites would be The Naomi Simms and I just recently tried the Cabernet Cupcake which was incredible. The name says it all.

The food is delightful, but you go to the 515 for its atmosphere. The dark lounge and small patio give you an intimate setting in every corner. The perfect spot for drinks and long conversations.





Gabriella Cafe

910 Cedar Street
www.gabriellacafe.com




This cute little cafe seems to be designed for dates, because of the tables "for 2" but I recommend it, no matter what the occasion is. The Menu surprisingly has items such as cheek, heart, intestine, etc.. I ordered the "whole Bass" and indeed the whooole Bass came out, but it was delicious. My friend's swordfish was great as well.

Soif

105 Walnut Ave.
www.soifwine.com/




The best part about Soif, besides the delicious food, is that they pair a wine with each entrée to enhance your dining experience. The place is quaint and accessible to all size groups. I'm kicking myself right now for forgetting the name, but I did have the most exceptional beer here. It was incredible!

Malabar is another good one to check out. The portions are small, but the flavors are amazing.

--These are all located in Downtown, Santa Cruz.

No comments:

Post a Comment