2.09.2010

Pilates

So my house mate Julia and I started Pilates about three weeks ago and we love it. Our studio is located on the east side of Santa Cruz at Pleasure Point Beach. The drive over is beautiful...
Photobucket
Laurel and California
Photobucket
Photobucket

We still kind of suck at it, because it is very difficult. But i can definitely feel myself getting stronger which is the point. And believe it or not, I feel taller. Pilates is supposed to lengthen you and my other house mate even noticed that I was either getting taller or standing more upright.

I laugh sometimes too, because I always laugh. But Julia once made a comment that one position called hundreds where you have your legs extended in the air, your head raised, while your arms pump at your sides 100 times, made her feel like we were in birthing class. So now it makes me giggle every time we do it.

You feel great after Pilates, not exhausted, but energized. I am so happy I started it!

Photobucket
Here I am looking "super excited" to go into class.

Maybe when I get better, I'll be able to post photos of Pilates positions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment