3.07.2010

A Trip North

Photobucket
Friday night, I drove up to see Alice in Wonderland in San Francisco. I can't deny that it was beautiful and all the actors did a great job. Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp never let you down. And newbie Mia Wasikowska (Alice) was exquisitely charming. Anne Hathaway was an odd choice and had an odd role. I would just have to say that the movie was somewhat anti-climatic and lacked suspense... This may be because it is originally aimed towards children, but I think that Aladdin kept me more on edge. Go see it regardless. Tim Burton is an aesthetic genius.

The next day was a day well spent in the Mission. We started with brunch at Mission Beach Cafe (198 Guerrero Street), where I had some incredible eggs benedict and a delicious mimosa. The menu was blowing my mind away. Everything was tempting me. I had to ask the waiter to basically choose for me! I highly recommend this place. The setting is relaxed but in good taste.
Photobucket

Other good places to eat in the mission: Yamo and Bi Rite Market

We then stumbled upon this supposed famous alleyway with some incredible art:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A lot of pro-women art...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My favorite (above)
Photobucket

The next day I headed up to Santa Rosa. The drive up was beautiful and lush. The drive back to Santa Cruz was traffic-filled and ugly.

Santa Rosa Snap Shots:
Photobucket
Soapy Fountain... The bum could bathe in it :)

Photobucket
Matisse looooves his car

Back to Santa Cruz. Back to finals. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment